JAXA's technology for highly efficient voltage balance control now allows for extended-use capacitors.
Previously, capacitors were only usable for short periods of time, due to large voltage fluctuations and the significant power consumed for voltage control.
JAXA's new capacitor, with an uninterruptible power supply, can be used in a wide range of environmental temperatures, between -20℃ and 60℃, and lasts three or more times longer than batteries.
Selling Agency: Japan Capacitor Industrial Co. LTD
Voltage Equalization Control Technology (Patent)
Voltage equalization technology with simple switch configuration:
- Equalizes the voltage of each battery cell in battery modules consisting of two or more in-line or parallel battery cells
Voltage control technology for preventing fluctuation in charging and discharging of capacitors:
- Controls output voltage regulation within an arbitrary range while preventing fluctuation in charging and discharging of the capacitors in the capacitor module
DC / AC output power storage devices without special modules:
- Output DC / AC power with low loss and noise, without requiring a special module
- Enables power storage and equalization via a simple arrangement (only capacitor and switch needed)
- Allows unstable power storage devices that rely on renewable energy sources to obtain maximum power via a power storage module with intermediate tap (eliminating the need for DC-DC converters)
- Through use of a power storage module with intermediate tap, switching control technology of equalization circuits enables output of AC power with low loss and noise (eliminating the need for DC/AC inverters)